Romania's run out of hope


My heart is heavy, and thousands of tears are rolling down my face seeing my country in complete chaos again.

So many years of an oppressive communist regime, then too many of corrupted governments. We have nothing left.
The country is empty.
The factories are gone. 
The forests were sold, stolen or simply given for free to anyone who showed interest.
The younger generations are spread around the world.
Siblings don't see one another for dozens of years.
Parents are left alone. 
Children don't recognise their parents anymore.
Families only gather together at a funeral.

I haven't seen my siblings jointly in almost 20 years.

Is there anything we could do to save our country? 
Is there anyone who could help us get out of this madness situation? 

I am one of those people who doesn't regret the communist period because my parents were slaves on their own land and for countless other reasons. I would never want Ceausescu back, but these beings are destroying what remained intact of my country.

Every time it is a new election, we hope to put in charge people who really care about their nation and not exclusively for their pockets and bank accounts. But they are all the same. They are feeding us lies and empty promises, and we believe them. And when they didn't deliver or even tried to what all said they most definitely will, we lowered our heads and moved on by inertly thinking it will be over soon. "The next one will be better." But the next one is exactly the same. A wolf in sheep's clothing,

We are alone at the mercy of a bunch of creatures who are no different from Ceausescu. They only have other names, but same means.

Every government we had/have after the Ceausescu's was/is worse than the previous.
Instead of fixing what he destroyed, they knocked and keep us down, stepping on our dignity and intelligence with every new rule, law, decree, press conference, etc.
They refuse to give answers to people in despair and it reminds me of Ceausescu's replies to the heavy accusations: "I will only answer in front of the Grand National Assembly."
Except today is the Grand National Assembly asking! You HAVE to answer!

I would like to go home, but I can't take care of myself or help my parents in there. I have tried a few times. It didn't work out.
I am grateful for the chance to travel and see the world, learn new languages and cultures, but I feel like I don't belong anywhere anymore. 
My passport says I am Romanian, but am I Romanian if I am forced to live in countries which are not mine? I almost forgot to speak my language which I adore.
If I'd take the Italian nationality, would I be Italian? I don't think so.
What if I'd ask for the British citizenship, would I have the right to call myself British?
I could never feel British, Italian or French because I was born and lived in Romania for 24 + 4 years! My favourite cuisine is Romanian, I feel so attached to my roots and traditions. I am for Romania in every competition, and it hurts when people discriminate any of my nationals.
I wish my country to be considered worthy of respect and consideration.

Romania is gorgeous and has a great long history. But we are known as thieves, beggars, and criminals. I am none of these, and there are millions like me!

My heart is completely broken when I see the desperation of people who went out on the streets to shout and cry for their freedom and rights again.

May God have mercy of my fellow citizens. I hope and pray for a miracle. Too many eras of darkness. We can't go on like this. 
A whole country on its knees, overwhelmed by poverty and no opportunities. "We run out of everything. Enough!" Children and elderly cry out in unison.

Romanians to the Universe: Emergency. SOS. Mayday. Help. Please!


Source: indianexpress.com

Please, share if you have a Romanian heart. 

**
If you appreciated it, don't hesitate to like, share, comment, or join me on Facebook.
But most importantly, if you like reading, follow me on Amazon.
Thank you. 
See you soon, amazing human being.


Post a Comment

Do not be shy, leave a sign. I prefer nice words, but critics are welcome too. Do not spam, do not insult (me or others), avoid being vulgar. Respect is a MUST! Ps. If you don't see your comment right away, is because it needs my approval before becoming public, so don't waste your time insulting, nobody will ever know (besides you).

Previous Post Next Post