Motivation & Procrastination


If the motivation to do or start something, The Change, in this case, doesn't come or is weak, is because there are too many things to do. When you consider them at once, they look impossible, but if you do one thing at the time, they are quite easy.

This happens to me all the time.
Let's take one of my days. Any, really. They are all the same.Or even better, some are worst/busier than others. Going to work is not included in this. That's something that we need to do. We can't escape that. Unless we are very rich, of course.
I have to write 30 pages today (or 2 chapters);
I need to write posts on my 4 blogs. Which one should I pick today? When was the last time I wrote on my recipe blog?
I have to reply to the emails from John, Gregg, Lisa, Vania and other six - I have postponed enough;
I must take care of advertising by creating loads of accounts of various websites. Write descriptions and other boring stuff; 
Make a cover, create a new account, pay the bills, etc., etc.,
I have to call my sister, brother, parents, random friends; 
I have a meeting in the evening; 
And the list can continue, I promise. Some days I think I'll crash on the floor.
When I look at them as a whole, a sense of profound desperation sets on my shoulders. "I can't possibly do all these in 24 hours. I am exhausted. I need to sleep."
Today I felt this, but it happens quite often.
However, after a few minutes of anger, frustration and fatigue I realise that I can't breathe. I am in panic. Panic never helps. Take a bag and breathe in it. I am not joking. It really works. I do it all the time.
After that, I buckle up and to do them one at the time. I make a list, prioritise, make counts to see which would be more advisable to start with and I do them one by one.
I have a dream. I would love to have someone to help me. I would love to have days in which I could afford not to do anything. I would... like now. I have been working for four days. When I didn't work, I slept. I didn't even eat because I had too much to do. Wait, I just lied, I ate celery and nectarines. And drank coffee.
If we want to do something extraordinary in our lives, if we have a goal, we need to focus and learn to prioritise.
But don't go to bed, watch a movie or see a friend instead. Don't do what many people do which is not starting because it seems difficult. Because there are too many things. Too many things to change, too many things to do, too many people and variable to consider.
You focus on your life, on the present moment. You organise the time. You make a list and stick with it.
Of course there are going to be days in which you won't be able to do everything you said you would do.
It happens. I feel frustrated again. The lump in my throat is back. When I look back I know I did my best to respect my commitments, but something didn't go as planned. Or I took care of things were not in the plan at all. I had an emergency maybe. A friend needed to talk to me. A visit to the bank, to the post office, and so on.
Unforeseen circumstances. But we need to adapt, adjust, and plan again.
We don't give up. We don't stay in bed crying. We don't eat chips and watch silly videos thinking we will never make it "so what's the point?"
If we do that, it's clear we will indeed, never make it. Time is not irreversible. Things don't take care of themselves. If we postpone them forever, we will die complaining without taking enough action.
Don't do that!

If the change doesn't occur in a very long period of time despite your efforts is either because you are doing something wrong or not enough. Change strategy after you did your best to follow one without a break. Adapt and keep working on yourself.
The things might look bad, as they are for me after so many years of hard work.
But I don't give up. I can't give up. If I give up, it's over.
Never give up.

This is a fragment from my self-help publication, It's Never Game Over. It's a great book.

***
If you appreciated it, don't hesitate to like, share, comment, or join me on Facebook.
But most importantly, if you like reading follow me on Amazon.
If you bought any of my books, please, take two minutes to leave a short (or long) review. Be generous with the stars, I beg of you.
Thank you and see you soon, amazing human being. 


Image from Pixabay

Post a Comment

Do not be shy, leave a sign. I prefer nice words, but critics are welcome too. Do not spam, do not insult (me or others), avoid being vulgar. Respect is a MUST! Ps. If you don't see your comment right away, is because it needs my approval before becoming public, so don't waste your time insulting, nobody will ever know (besides you).

Previous Post Next Post